Op de Niep Golf Club, Dusseldorf, Germany
I have just finished our latest Masters course in Dussledorf, Germany and it was great to see members coming back and wanting to learn some new skills and develop their teaching programmes.
These courses are always excellent and I can get to see how people have progressed since taking their original EGTF course.
We had five students keen to learn, and the weather was just about in our favour during the week, which is obviously a bonus.
The seminars, range work and playing tests were all conducted well, with only one member not passing the playing ability test, due to some injuries sustained before the course began.
We covered some important topics, that I feel are necessary as you start to move to the next level as a coach, including:
- Customer service and marketing
- Advanced coaching lessons
- Body balance in the golf swing using Sam balance lab
- Cause and effect video analysis using Quintic video analysis and Casio high speed cameras
- Putting biomechanics – using high speed video cameras
- Advanced short game techniques – using the short game handicap test and Pelz finesse swing system
- Performance coaching – looking into the psychology of playing to your potential
- The magic machine – studying body types and what they are capable of (endomorphs, mesomorphs and ectomorphs !!!)
- Masters playing and skills tests
Thanks to everyone who attended the Masters course, and also to Bob Lamb EGTF teaching professional who works at Op De Niep Golf Club, for all his help during my stay.
Have a look at the website to see if you can fit in some CPD work this year, it can only make you a better teacher.
Body Balance using the Sam Balance Lab
Short Game Handicap Test
Masters Putting Lesson