- Career In Golf
Another fantastic week of learning was completed recently over in sunny Spain. A group of 6 eager students had a great week of informative information that helped mould them into golf teaching professionals.
These weeks help to get more dedicated people out into the golf teaching world who have a passion and desire to help the public and hopefully improve the standards of coaching.
It is fantastic to see the look on students’ faces when they give lessons to the general public after only having learned these teaching skills earlier in the week, and giving very high standards of lessons. It really does go to prove that you can definitely learn the basic coaching skills needed to teach others in the space of 7 days, as it happens on every EGTF course that we do.
Congratulations to all the group at Oliva Nova Resort for their excellent standards throughout the week.
On the Sunday after the Diploma Course we had a Social Golf Day for EGTF members and guests, held at the lovely Oliva Nova Golf Resort.
For anyone who has played at Oliva Nova, you will know that it is a tough track playing very long, so your ball striking skills are always tested to their limits.
It was great to see some old and new EGTF members who turned up and made the day very enjoyable. A couple of drinks and some food afterwards helped to complete a very pleasant day.
1st Bill Abbott – 75 (on count back)
2nd Martin Park – 75
The EGTF CPD days were another excellent learning experience for students involved, taking on board high levels of golfing information to push their golf teaching onto higher standards.
The three days were conducted by EGTF Master Professional Paul Tolley for Vision Training in Golf, EGTF Master Professional Martin Park for Performance Golf using the Vision 54 Model, and myself concentrating on the Biomechanics of the Putter Stroke.
All the days combined excellent theory work in the classroom, followed by fantastic practical work on the range and putting green. The quality of the information was there for all the students to take in, with the subjects covered being very popular on the tours these days.
If you have never been to any of these extra learning seminars, then try to take some on board for 2012. It really will help you keep your knowledge up to a fantastic level in the golf teaching world to take you above your competitors. It’s also a great social, networking week, where you can meet other coaches and talk golf and teaching, so you get the best of all worlds. Future EGTF Masters Courses and CPD days will be published soon to give people enough time to clear their diaries for the upcoming season.
My thanks go to Paul Tolley and Martin Park for their supreme knowledge and professionalism conducting these seminars during the week.
We are often asked, “what benefits are gained from becoming an EGTF member.” The EGTF membership represents fantastic value for money when you look at the benefits that you are able to become involved in.
1. The EGTF qualification is a nationally recognised award in the UK, meeting all the necessary standards for teaching as set down by our government backed awarding body, ABC Awards. More and more EGTF professionals are finding work throughout the UK, Europe and the rest of the World, as the standard of our teachers becomes better known to the public and golfing establishments.
2. The EGTF membership card is accepted at many golf clubs around the World, offering either reduced green fees or complimentary golf. Please ensure you make contact with the secretary or golf director before you turn up as a matter of courtesy, to ask their particular policy on this matter. This benefit alone can save you hundreds of pounds per year in green fees. Please remember that courtesy is at the discretion of each individual golf club.
3. As you will know, insurance these days is vital for any responsible teaching professional. Through the EGTF, members with a UK address are able to gain access to a first class insurance policy at greatly reduced rates. The group policy works out at £60 per member and offers great cover for you and your students. An individual policy could cost anything from £300.
4. We now have a very good CPD (continual professional development) program running, which is designed to allow our members to either upgrade their knowledge in certain areas, or to help push them into specialist sections of the teaching world. Our CPD seminars utilise the very latest teaching ideas from around the World and are very competitively priced from £100 per seminar. Other organisations charge much more. Dates and times of the various seminars can be found on our website (Members’ only section), and along with our Masters Course, provides everything that an open minded teaching professional could possibly want, to help push themselves to the next level. Remember, the more knowledge you have, the more confident your teaching will become.
5. The list of companies that are now associated with the EGTF and offer our members discounts on their products, is growing every year.
Quintic Consultancy – One of the best video analysing software programs on the market.
Yes Golf Putters – Makers of the c groove putter, number two putter on all tours worldwide.
Explanar – First class teaching aid, invented by Luther Blacklock and endorsed by Butch Harmon.
Oliva Nova Resort – 5-star golf complex near Alicante, Spain, that provides excellent deals and packages for EGTF professionals to take groups for teaching, or for a personal holiday.
Golfsmith Europe – The opportunity to purchase golf club components, heads, shafts and grips, at trade prices.
ProStance – Amazing golf teaching aid from EGTF Professionals Dr Paul Hurrion and Stewart Craig.
Bespokeclubs.com – Trade prices for EGTF members.
6. We get a number of teaching jobs through the office each year and if you are on the employment list, we may just be able to find something to suit you. We also have links with the Julian Krinsky Foundation in America, who run a huge golf summer camp and are looking for EGTF teaching professionals to work in the golf camps each year.
As you will see, EGTF members have access to a variety of excellent deals that make the yearly membership great value.
For more information on any of the above services, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com